Monday, June 18, 2012

Lucky


The other day Collins turned to me and said, "Lily.... how did you get so lucky?"

After thinking on it for a few days, I still can't figure out how I got so lucky, but I sure am feeling it these days...

The field is filling up, and everything is looking beautiful, strong, and healthy. I have Collins, Christian, Jason, or volunteer friends out there with me every day, and we have been able to stay on top of all our seeding, planting, weeding, harvesting, and mowing.

Farmer's Market started last week and I have been overwhelmed by all the positive energy and good purchasing from customers, friends, family (my mom is our #1 fan), and other farmers.

The Scottish Bakehouse has allowed us to sell a few six-pack plants on a self-serve stand in their parking lot, and already many of our extra vegetables have found their way to gardens all over the Island.

And get this stroke of luck: Our Farm Institute field neighbor, the Pig, escaped from her pen the other day, ran all the way across our field, and somehow managed to not stomp on a single vegetable or flower while on her mad dash. Lucky us!

I am doing what I love to do, in a place I truely love, with the people I love most. Lucky, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment